Are you looking to Flash Redmi 6 Flash File/Firmware/Stock ROM? If yes then you are at the right place.
There can be many reasons for flashing an android phone, be it lagging or wanting a new operating system or firmware; Whatever your reason is, In this article.
We’ll learn how to flash a Redmi 6 safely without rising the hardware or software of your phone.
What is Flashing?
Table of Contents
So before getting into it, let’s get the basics of Flashing in our minds.
Flashing may imply a lot of different things, but when we use the word “Android Flashing,” we mean putting any OS or restoration of a file on the specific type of Android phone we’re talking about.
The Benefit of Flashing your Redmi 6
There can be many benefits associated with flashing your Redmi 6, some of them are provided below;
- First of all, flashing will aid in the complete removal of any bloatware from your phone.
- If you’re installing a Custom ROM on your Android phone, you can gain some additional customization and screen customization choices.
- Flashing can occasionally assist in resolving the boot loop problem on some Android smartphones.
- Flashing would also help you fix the bricking issue.
How to Flash Redmi 6 Flash File?
Pre-requisites for Flashing
Though Flashing is a very basic process for a tech geek, Then also, one should remember these two pre-requisites before flashing for smooth operations;
- Charge your Redmi 6
An Android phone must be fully charged before being flashed because if it runs out of power during the process and turns off, you might run into serious issues.
You may end up losing the kernel version or bricking the system if you have not charged your Redmi 6 before the process of flashing.
- Back-up your data
Your data is the most important thing in your smartphone, there can be important documents, memorable photos, or even your project-related files.
Hence, making a backup of your data is very important, because it is very possible that your phone could get formatted while the process of flashing.
- Arrange a laptop/PC
The process of flashing requires a PC or laptop. You should also install the latest USB drivers for your Redmi 6 and also install the latest and most stable custom ROM.
Download Redmi 6 Flash File:
Steps for Flashing Redmi 6 Firmware:
The first step to getting started with flashing is to download a custom ROM, you can download any custom ROM of your choice, just remember to check that is genuine and is created by trusted sources.
Now we can get started with the process of flashing;
- Now totally switch off your smartphone. To enter Fastboot mode, press the Power button while simultaneously pressing the Volume- key.
- Now you are in Fastboot mode. You might see a picture depending on what ROM you have installed.
- Now connect the phone using a micro USB connection to the Windows laptop or computer.
- To unpack the downloaded ROM file, double-click on it.
- Open the extracted ROM folder, then copy its location on the PC. VI. Download the Mi Flash Tool Zip file and extract it on your computer to install the MIUI MI Flash tool.
- To continue the installation, click on the installation file on your computer. To continue the installation, choose run.
- Once the installation is complete, launch the .exe file and paste the path of the ROM file folder that was copied in step 6 into the address bar.
- Now click the refresh button and your Redmi 6 should automatically appear in the drop-down list.
- Now click on Redmi 6, it should get highlighted.
- Now click on the Flash button, and a loading circle would appear, wait for it to load. XII. When the loading is completed, your device would automatically boot with the new version.
Is flashing safe for my phone?
Ans: Yes, flashing is completely safe for your smartphone, until you are using the custom ROM from a trusted source. Even service centers use the help of flashing for curing the bricking issue.
Will flashing reset my data?
Ans: Yes, flashing will reset and format all of your data, hence, you should always create a backup of your data before the process of flashing.
Does flashing my phone make it slower in processing?
Ans: Absolutely not, instead flashing will make your phone faster by removing all of the bloatware present in your phone.
Can I get stock android in my Redmi 6?
Ans: Yes, you can, instead of MIUI custom ROM, you can install google’s stock android custom ROM. then you can enjoy the ad-free and bloatware-free experience of stock android.
Flashing Redmi 6 Flash File may seem like a long word and users may find it intriguing. Just follow the steps and don’t panic. Trust the process.
Flashing your phone opens the door to many possibilities and customization. You can make your phone faster, cleaner, and ad-free.
You can even experience Stock android or any other OS on a phone with MIUI.
Hope all of the steps helped you to flash your Redmi 6 smoothly,
Happy to help!